For health care professionals in EUROPE excepted those practicing in France as the following pages are intended to all International health care professionals and are not in compliance with the French Advertising law N°2011-2012 dated 29th December 2011 article 34. Other health care professionals should select their country in the top right corner of the website.
Please note that the following pages are exclusively reserved for health care professionals in countries with applicable health authority product registrations. To the extent this site contains information, reference guides and databases intended for use by licensed medical professionals, such materials are not intended to offer professional medical advice. Prior to use, please consult device labeling for prescriptive information and operating instructions.
The AXIOS™ Stent and Electrocautery Enhanced Delivery System* is the first and currently the only stent indicated for transgastric or transduodenal endoscopic drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocyst and walled off necrosis under EUS imaging guidance in the U.S. The cautery-enhanced access and delivery catheter is advanced through the tissue creating a translumenal conduit between the stomach or duodenal wall and the pancreatic pseudocyst where the pre-loaded stent is deployed to provide drainage.
- Proprietary one-step combined diathermic ring and cut-wire provides access into target tissue
- MRI conditional, fully covered self-expanding metal stent pre-loaded in the delivery catheter
- Perpendicular flanges secure tissue layers and help prevent migration
- Three sizes available, with the largest featuring a 20mm lumen for drainage
- Large diameter lumen apposition stent enables drainage allowing passage of the endoscope through the stent for additional therapeutic procedures including cystoscopy, irrigation and debridement
*The AXIOS Stent and Delivery System and the AXIOS Electrocautery Enhanced Stent and Delivery System Indications for Use: The AXIOS Stent and Delivery System and the AXIOS Electrocautery Enhanced Stent and Delivery System is indicated for use to facilitate transgastric or transduodenal endoscopic drainage of symptomatic pancreatic pseudocysts >/= 6cm in size and walled-off necrosis >/=6cm in size with >/=70% fluid content that are adherent to the gastric or bowel wall. Once placed, the AXIOS Stent functions as an access port allowing passage of standard and therapeutic endoscopes to facilitate debridement, irrigation and cystoscopy. The stent is intended for implantation up to 60 days and should be removed upon confirmation of pseudocyst or walled-off necrosis resolution.
The AXIOS Stent and Delivery System (“AXIOS System”) enables physicians to treat patients endoscopically instead of surgically. The AXIOS Stent creates an anastomotic conduit between two lumens, enabling blockages and strictures to be bypassed and large fluid collections to be drained.
AXIOS Stent and Delivery System
The AXIOS System creates a translumenal conduit between the wall of the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. stomach or duodenum) and a neighboring fluid-filled cavity (e.g. pancreatic pseudocyst). It consists of two components: the catheter-based delivery system and an implantable stent.
- Two large flanges to hold the tissue layers together
- A large diameter for effective drainage
- Fully covered to prevent leakage and to enable removal